The 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid is Coming Soon
After a record-breaking year of sales for Kia, the Korean automaker is on an ambitious schedule to debut or update as many as seven new models by the 2015 model year. The 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid is probably set to get a mid-cycle refresh, since it made its debut in 2011. It’s earned plenty of fans with its elegant style, ample features, and, of course, its impressive efficiency. We expect the Optima Hybrid to only get better for 2014.
A Refresh Seems Likely
Spy shots of a heavily camouflaged Optima have been spotted testing in Korea. While the camouflage does a good job of disguising the whole of the car, we can spot a few changes and make some guesses based on already revealed 2014 models. Here’s a bit of what we expect from the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid:
- New headlight and taillight designs appear to be on the menu for the 2014 Optima, with an overall sleeker appearance. Both front and rear lights appear to wrap around the corners of the car gracefully.
- The fog lights have been moved from the lower front fascia into the headlight construction, meaning that they might be standard on all Optima models, the Hybrid included.
- We expect the front fascia to get a slight redesign around the new headlights and the signature grille.
- If the fog lights are moved, the Optima Hybrid could get added air intakes to help keep the 2.4L gas engine, the 30 kW electric motor, and the lithium polymer batteries cool.
- The equipped Optima Hybrid will continue to come with most available features standard, and might include more upscale features like a navigation system in the base model — but this is just speculation.
Visit McGrath Kia Today
Visit McGrath Kia to find out more about the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid today. We’re located at 1020 North Center Point Road in Hiawatha, just a few minutes north of Cedar Rapids. While the 2014 version of this innovative vehicle won’t show up at our dealership for at least a few months, you can drive the current 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid right now.